- Demonstrated familiarity with Rockwell Software (ControlLogix, RSLinx, FTView), Siemens (Step7 v5.5, TIA Portal, WinCC), Invensys Wonderware/Archestra, GE iFix, Ignition.
- Experience with industrial robots is a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent organization skills and the ability to prioritize are essential to meet tight deadlines
- Can work independently with ease and be a contributing member of a team
- Designing and implementing PLC based controls systems for industrial equipment
- Configuring PLC hardware and programs (Ladder, Structured Text, Function Blocks)
- Developing PLC Code
- Assisting in the development of equipment motor and device lists
- Understanding safety risk assessments and design
- Assisting design engineers with electrical drive and PLC panel design
- Developing HMI architecture
- Installing HMI hardware and software
- Setting up I/O Drivers
- Developing databases and screens
- Participating in field commissioning and troubleshooting equipment
- Electrical Engineering or related Degree, Engineering Technology Diploma or equivalent experience. Alternately, a qualified electrician with a background in controls
- Minimum 5 to 10 years of hands-on controls experience in a manufacturing environment.
This position is based out of our head office in Burlington with a requirement to travel internationally on a consistent basis. We would also be willing to consider a qualified candidate who is based remotely.
Qualified applicants please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
and quote the position title in the subject line.
Gypsum Technologies Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and we would like to thank all applicants for their interest. If you require accommodation of disability in the application or interview process please contact us. The application package is available in accessible format upon request.