- Knowledge of E-plan (version 2.0 or above) and/or AutoCAD software for design and development of industrial electrical projects and documentation is an asset
- Knowledge of Electrical Codes - NFPA79, NEC, CEC, CSA and IEC/EN as well as Panel Design Standard UL5 08A is an asset
- Detail-oriented, with strong analytical and innovative problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Ability to rapidly learn and apply new technologies
- Motivated and effective team player
- Ability to effectively manage a diverse workload and meet deadlines under changing conditions
- Designing and developing drive panels & PLC control panels that meet customer specifications
- Working with the Mechanical Design team to confirm design details
- Participating in kick off meetings to determine project scope, requirements, deliverables, budget, costing and schedules
- Researching and analyzing requirements and technical specifications to satisfy end-user requirements
- Developing the equipment motor lists (e.g. room designation, loading, single line diagrams, VFD sizing, detailed electrical calculations, etc.) and device lists
- Producing design documents, schematics, and process control diagrams
- Providing onsite installation, troubleshooting, debugging, commissioning and maintenance support for systems in the field.
- An Electrical Engineering or related Degree
- Experience designing low voltage power distribution drive panels & PLC control panels is an asset
This position is based out of our head office in Burlington with a requirement for regular international travel.
Qualified applicants please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
and quote the position title in the subject line.
Gypsum Technologies Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and we would like to thank all applicants for their interest. If you require accommodation of disability in the application or interview process please contact us. The application package is available in accessible format upon request.